GLOBUS 2020/2021: Greek Escape (KGAX)
7 Day Tour from Athens to Athens
You've seen photos of the ancient Acropolis in Athens, dating back to the 5th century BC-now's your chance to see it in person on this escorted Greek vacation. You've watched the Olympics on TV-now's your chance to walk among the ruins in Olympia, where the Olympics began in 776 BC. You've eaten at Greek restaurants-now's your chance to enjoy an authentic Greek cooking demonstration, where you'll learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizer. All this and more awaits you on this Greek Escape.History comes alive on your guided visits to many of Greece's ancient sites. In addition to the Acropolis and Olympia, you'll also visit the ruins in Mycenae, dating from 1,350 to 1,200 BC and described in Homer's epic poem, 'The Iliad.' Also see the amazingly well-preserved, 2,300-year-old open-air theater in Epidaurus. In ancient Greece, people traveled to Delphi to seek the wisdom of the Oracle. Learn about the Oracle, tour the excavations, and visit the Archaeological Museum. To add to your Greek experience enjoy a sirtaki dance lesson and try a glass of Ouzo. Plus, you'll be accompanied by an expert Tour Director who will bring this country to life by sharing its history, stories, and insider secrets. From the picturesque fishing villages to ancient historic sights, the Greek Escape has it all!
Call (972) 392-9800 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15080266
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink with your Tour Director.|
|Day 2||Athens||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features a visit to the world-famous ACROPOLIS, perched high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the city. Here, see the Parthenon, the Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens, the Temple of Athena Nike.Enjoy a panoramic view that includes glimpses of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysus, and the Agora, where Socrates taught, with the beautifully preserved Theseum. Later, a city orientation tour features the Parliament House and a photo stop at the Panathenaic Stadium. Built in the 2nd century AD, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble, and was host to the opening and closing ceremonies of the first modern Olympics in 1896. The rest of the day is at leisure. Tonight is your chance to join an optional dinner outing to try the local fare. (B)|
|Day 3||Nauplia||Stop at the spectacular Corinth Canal to take a photo. Highlights today include MYCENAE, where 19th-century excavations reveal impressions of the splendors so vividly described by Homer. Admire the Beehive Tombs, known as the Treasury of Atreus; Lion Gate, Europe's oldest known monument; the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace; and the impressive fortifications of the Citadel. Also visit the museum before continuing to EPIDAURUS for a tour of its amazingly well-preserved 2,300-year-old OPEN-AIR-THEATER. Stay overnight in nearby Nauplia. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Olympia||Take in the spectacular scenery on the way through the Arkadian Mountains. Then, spend the afternoon in OLYMPIA, where the athletes of antiquity competed in honor of the King of Deities. Learn about the history of those original Olympic Games as you walk among the impressive remains of the Gymnasium and the Temples of Hera and Zeus. Also visit the MUSEUM displaying Praxiteles' magnificent statue of Hermes. Tonight, enjoy [LF] a COOKING DEMONSTRATION and learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizer. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Delphi||Journey to mystic Delphi. The afternoon is devoted to a fascinating tour of the ancient sanctuary of the god Apollo in its dramatic setting on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Hear about the Oracle and tour the EXCAVATIONS. End the day with a visit to the ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM to admire the Charioteer, an extraordinary 5th-century-BC bronze statue. A highlight this evening is [LF] a DANCE LESSON, where you'll learn how to dance the sirtaki, made famous in the movie Zorba the Greek, accompanied by a glass of the traditional Ouzo. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Athens||Leave fascinating Delphi behind you this morning and head back to Athens stopping en-route in the pretty town of Arachova located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Enjoy panoramic views and stroll around the town to admire the picturesque architecture before arriving in Athens with time to do some last-minute exploring on your own. Tonight is your chance to savor more Greek delicacies with an optional dinner at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 7||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Athens:in single room $119, in twin $68, in triple $55
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).